Are you a teacher of children with special needs?
Are you ever frustrated by students who fidget, constantly need to be redirected and distract others? Do you have a handful of students who demand all your time? Ever wonder why certain students struggle with anxiety and anger?
Save the date and plan to be in Huntley for "10 Brain-Boosters - Interventions for the 21st Century Classroom." Kirk Martin returns to our area for a powerful, three-hour, humorous (Yes! there can be humor in all this!), practical workshop. Kirk was in Woodstock last fall, and many parents and educators drove miles to hear him.
* 15 practical interventions to improve attention and retention.
* Behavior plans that build confidence and work long-term instead of reinforcing negative behavior.
* The correct way to calm an angry, frustrated or violent child.
* How to turn distracting, impulsive students into classroom leaders.
* Transfer ownership of academic and behavioral success to students.
Kirk will be available afterward to answer specific questions.
When? Saturday, April 18, 2009
Time? 1:30pm - 4:30 pm (arrive early for a good seat!)
Place? Faith Community Pre-School, 10547 Faiths Way, Huntley, Illinois
See separate article for information about the morning afternoon program for parents.
May 26 4:30PM - Misleading countdown timer
1 month ago