Thursday, April 23, 2009

CelebrateCalm was in Eden Prairie, Minn.

A friend in Minneapolis attended Kirk Martin's Celebrate Calm event last Monday evening. I had told her about him and had suggested she attend. As the date neared, I urged her to attend and also to take her 15-year-old son with her. And then, the day before, I "told" not to skip the event.

And here is what she wrote, after attending (I took the liberty of changing their names):

"Thank you so much for the 'push' you gave me yesterday about not missing Kirk's presentation!! I was looking for ways of getting out of going for many legitimate reasons, but I went because I knew I wouldn't be able to face you again if I didn't. He was fantastic, and both Tony and I got soooooooooooooo much useful information from him. I went up when we took a break and introduced myself as 'a friend of Gus Philpott's from Woodstock, IL', and he said "Oh, you're Melissa!" He then spent the rest of the break talking to Tony, and relating to him in a way I don't think anyone other than you has related to him. During the second half of the presentation he included Tony in a few of his examples as an example of the intelligent and creative kids that will be very successful. You should have seen Tony's face!!! I don't think they needed the overhead lighting that was being used because the light in his eyes would have light up the entire room! ... I'm hoping (to) purchase (his tapes soon). I think they would be priceless in helping Tony to achieve success with his peers, school, and any other personal or professional relationships he will have in his life, and give him a lot of direction to help him find his way. And it will probably help me live to see another 10 or 20 years!!!"

Check out www.CelebrateCalm.com I think you'll be glad you did. Kirk travels throughout the eastern half of the U.S. His events are listed on his website.

No comments: